Faculty Profile : Dr. Manoj Dandekar
Name: Dr. Manoj Dandekar
Google Scholar Citations
ADDRESS, ROOM NO
Department of Pharmaccology and Toxicology
Room No: 54
Department of Pharmaceuticals (Govt. of India)
Balanagar, Hyderabad - 500037, TS, INDIA
Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Sciences (January 2020-Present)
7 years of drug discovery industry experience and 4 years of postdoctoral research experience
QUALIFICATION: (REVERSE CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER)
2. M.Pham (Pharmacology)
M.S. (Pharm.) - Pharmacology & Toxicology: PC-630, PC-640, GE-611, LS-610, RT- 660
PhD - Pharmacology & Toxicology: PC-820
PHD STUDENTS/MASTERS STUDENTS
PhD : Ongoing: 07
Masters: Ongoing: 06 Completed:26
AWARDS / HONOURS
- Postdoctoral Travel Awards, 2018 received from the Postdoctoral Association at UTHealth McGovern Medical School, The University of Texas Health Sci. Ctr at Houston, TX, USA.
- SOBP International Travel Grant 2016, for attending the Society of Biological Psychiatry 71st Annual Scientific Convention held at Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- IBRO International Travel Grant 2016, for attending the ICCN 2016: 18th International Conference on Cognitive Neuroscience, in Paris, France.
- ISCBFM Travel Grant 2015, for attending the XIIth International Conference on Quantification of Brain Function with PET, in Vancouver, Canada.
- IBRO International Travel Grant 2013, for attending the SFN conference, San Diago, CA, USA.
- P. P. Suryakumari Prize, in the Indian Pharmacological Society (IPS) conference Nagpur (2013) for the best paper published in Pharmacology from India in peer-reviewed international journals.
- Participated in the IBRO-sponsored Third SERC School in Neurosciences workshop “Imaging the Nervous System 2009” organized by the IISER, Pune.
- Served as teaching assistant in the IBRO-sponsored First SERC School in Neurosciences 2008, organized by the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur.
- Jaipur Prize as a gold medal, for two times, in the Indian Pharmacological Society (IPS) conference, held at New Delhi, India (2008) and Kolkata, India (2009) for the best paper published in Pharmacology from India in peer-reviewed international journals.
- Received Prof. P. C. Dandiya gold medal in the Indian Pharmacological Society (IPS) conference, held at Jaipur, India (2006) for the best poster presentation.
- Received University Grant Commission (UGC), New Delhi fellowship during the Master of Pharmacy course (2002-2004) of the Nagpur University.
Neuroscience, brain injury, oncology, in-vivo and in-vitro drug screening, gut microbiome
1. Unique Biotech, Rs. 1.5 Lakh (Year 2021)
2. Unique Biotech, Rs. 7.5 Lakh (Year 2022)
3. Unique Biotech, Rs. 5 Lakh (Year 2022)
FELLOWSHIPS / GRANTS
- Role PI: IBRO Collaborative Research Grant 2022 (Awarded: 6000 EUR)
- Role PI: Karyashala: A Workshop on Preclinical and Molecular Neuropharmacology Training (Awarded: Rs. 4,00,000)
- DST-SERB grant Rs. 32,69,512
- Research Associate sponsored by NIH, USA (March 2019 - Jan. 2020): The role of the gut microbiome in the neuropathology of traumatic brain injury.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship sponsored by NIH, USA and Zymo Research (Sept. 2017 - March 2019): Screening of therapeutic value of xenon in stroke generated neurological deficits and long-term neuropsychiatric Sequelae.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship sponsored by University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA (April 2016 - Aug. 2017): To elucidate the neurochemical and behavioral alterations induced by deep brain stimulation of medial forebrain bundle in rats.
- Research Associate sponsored by CSIR, New Delhi (April 2009 - Aug. 2009): Studied role of CART peptide in the estradiol-induced anorexia: behavioral and neuroanatomical correlates.
- JRF sponsored by DST, New Delhi (Sept. 2005 - May 2006): Beta-endorphin in the brain of major carp, Cirrhnius mrigala: role in the regulation of reproduction.
PUBLICATIONS / BOOK CHAPTERS
- Invited to deliver an online talk in national webinar on Current Scenario in Psychoneuropharmacology 2020 organized by P. Wadhwani College of Pharmacy, Yavatmal
- Invited talk on Newer Therapeutic Approaches for the Management of CNS Aberrations for Short-Term Training Programme (STTP) sponsored by AICTE, New Delhi on " Molecular Neuroscience From Cells to Circuits in Health Disease" at Seven Hills College of Pharmacy, Venkatramapuram, Tirupati held on June 28-July 03, 2021.
- Invited talk on Revisiting and Redesigning of Clinical Candidates at 1st International Online Chemistry Conference in " Advances in Chemical Science " (A.C.S.-2021) H. V. M. (P.G.) College, Raisi, Haridwar, U.K., India held on Dec 21-22, 2021.
LABORATORY FACILITIES DEVELOPED
- A battery of preclinical neurobehavioral assays
- Brain injury models (TBI and stroke)
- Gut microbiome
- In-vitro biochemical and cell-based assays
- Immunoblotting and PCR
- Immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy
- Flow cytometry
- Seahorse assay
Institutional Animal Ethics Committee; International Relations, Consulting, Alumni Affairs; and Industry interaction & International Collaboration Cell