- NIPER-Mohali was created as a Centre of Excellence to impart higher education, research and development in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- It was declared as an Institute of National Importance by the Govt. of India through an act of Parliament on 26th June, 1998.
- It is a member of the Association of Indian Universities and Commonwealth Universities.
- In 2007, Govt. of India established six new NIPERs. NIPER-Hyderabad is one among 6 new NIPERs.
- NIPER-Hyderabad is established in an area of 1,01,000 Sft. including Auditorium (4,000 sft) and is located at the former R&D Centre of IDPL, Balanagar, Hyderabad.
- For the Year 2007-08 : 41.
- For the Year 2008-09: 47.
- For the Year 2009-10: 57.
- For the Year 2010-11: 75.
- For the Year 2011-12: 84 ( 9 Ph.D).
- For the Year 2012-13: 110 ( 12 Ph.D).
- For the year 2013-14: 123 ( 11 Ph.D).
- For the Year 2014-15: 120 ( 13 Ph.D).
- For the year 2015-16: 125 ( 16 Ph.D).
- For the Year 2016-17: 132 ( 20 Ph.D).
- For the Year 2017-18 : 141 (20 Ph.D).
- For the Year 2018-19 : 143 (9 Ph.D).
- For the Year 2019-20 : 167 (18 Ph.D).
Post Graduates - M.S. / M.Tech / M.B.A (Pharm.) Students Passed out:
932 (Till 2019)
Ph.D Students Passed out:
36 (Till June, 2019)
30 Research Grants from different agencies; National funding from DST, DST-SERB, DBT, BIRAC, ICMR, AYUSH, etc. and International funding from University of Manchester-UKIERI, Hebrew University of Jerusalem-Israel, etc.
7th Convocation : 14th November 2018 : 109 Master's and 04 Ph.D degrees awarded.
[Chief Guest:Shri E S L Narasimhan Hon’ble Governor of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana]
Post Graduates and PhD Students:
From all over India through NIPER Joint Entrance Exam
Academic Profile Freshmen 2018:
Average scores: CGPA ___; GPA ____.
Post Graduate Faculty:
20 full-time; approximately 98% hold a doctorate or highest degree in their field
Post graduate Student/Faculty Ratio:
Average Class Size:
20 in the Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Analysis & Pharmaceutics, 15 in Pharmacology & Toxicology, Process Chemistry & Regulatory Toxicology, 30 in Pharmaceutical Management.
M.S. (Pharm.), M.B.A (Pharm.), M.Tech. (Pharm.) and Ph.D