Faculty Profile : DR. K. Venkata Rao
Name: Dr. K.Venkata Rao
+91 40 23074750 Extn- 2015
Google Scholar Citations
ADDRESS, ROOM NO
Department of Medicinal Chemistry
Room No. 19
Hyderabad – 500037, TS, INDIA
QUALIFICATION: (REVERSE CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER)
- Ph.D. Panjab University, Chandigarh - India, June 2013
- M.S. NIPER, Mohali, India, 2005
- B. Pharm. - Kakatiya University, Warangal, India, 2002
- Assistant Professor (February 2020 - till date), NIPER-Hyderabad
- Assistant Professor, Central University of Punjab, Bathinda (18th Nov 2016 - 21st Jan 2020)
- Lecturer, International Medical University, Malaysia (Jan-2014 - Nov-2016)
- Senior Lecturer, Asia Metropolitan University, Malaysia (July-2013 - Dec-2013)
- Sr. Research Associate, Suven Life sciences ltd, India (May 2008- Sept 2008)
- Research Associate Jubilant Chemsys ltd, India. (Aug 2007- April 2008)
- Research Associate, Nicholas Piramal Research Centre, India. (Jun-2005 to Aug 2007)
- M.S (Pharm) - Structure and Function of Biomolecules (MC-630)
PHD STUDENTS/MASTERS STUDENTS
- MS (Pharm) Ongoing: 6
- PhD Ongoing: 2
AWARDS / HONOURS
- GATE-2003, 99.01 Percentile (All India Rank-61)
- CSIR-NET Lectureship, India, 2005.
- CSIR-Senior Research Fellowship" Govt. of India. 2011-2012.
- Research fellowship from NIPER during M. S (Pharm), 2003-2005.
- Development of novel -Hypoglycemic agents, Kinase inhibitors, Phytopharmaceuticals and Reference standards
- "Synthesis of Glucose Conjugates of Artemisinin and its Analogues-Exploiting Warburg Effect for Specific Targeting of Cancer Cells" UGC-BSR Start-up Grant, 30-372/2017 (BSR)10 Lakhs, 2018, PI.
- Identification of chemical probes with pancreatic ?-cell selective replication promoting activity: The new paradigm in anti-diabetic drug discovery. FRGS/1/2014/SG01/IMU/03/1; RM 154,000 (INR 29, 00,000); 2014-2016 - PI.
- Synthesis and evaluation of new thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidine derivatives as possible inhibitors of Cyclooxigenase isoenzyme-2 (COX-2); IMU/BP-I-01/12(14)2015; RM 9,000 (INR 1,60,000); May 2015-October 2015 - PI.
PUBLICATIONS / BOOK CHAPTERS
- Priyanka N. Makhal, Srinivas Reddy Dannarm, Rajesh Sonti, Arbaz Sujat Shaikh, Venkata Rao Kaki. TBHP-mediated selenocyclization of N-allylbenzamides/ benzthioamides via in situ generation of “PhSeOH” species. ChemistrySelect, 2022, 7, e202200933.
- Sandip Patra, Priyanka N. Makhal, Shubham Jaryal, Nilesh More, Venkata Rao Kaki. Anthocyanins: Plant-based flavonoid pigments with diverse biological activities. Int. J. Plant Bas. Pharm. 2022, 2, 118-127.
- Arbaz Sujat Shaikh, Gaddam Kiranmai, G Parimala Devi, Priyanka N Makhal, Dilep Kumar Sigalapalli, Ramya Tokala, Venkata Rao Kaki, Nagula Shankaraiah, Narayana Nagesh, Bathini Nagendra Babu, Neelima D Tangellamudi. Exploration of mercaptoacetamide-linked pyrimidine-1, 3, 4-oxadiazole derivatives as DNA intercalative topo II inhibitors: Cytotoxicity and apoptosis induction. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2022, 65, 128697.
- Sarthak Jhingran, Kritika Laxmikeshav, Sayali Mone, Venkata Rao, K, Nagula Shankaraiah. The Syntheses and Medicinal Attributes of Phenanthrenes as Anticancer Agents: A Quinquennial Update. Curr. Med. Chem., 2022, 29, 3530-3556.
- Mohd Aslam Saifi, Arbaz Sujat Shaikh, Venkata Rao Kaki, Chandraiah Godugu. Disulfiram prevents collagen crosslinking and inhibits renal fibrosis by inhibiting lysyl oxidase enzymes. J. Cell. Physiol. 2022, 237, 2516-2527.
- Priyanka, N. M.; Arijit, N.; Venkata Rao, K. Insights into the recent synthetic advances of organoselenium compounds. ChemistrySelect, 2021, 6, 663 - 679.
- Minakshi A Meshram, Utkarsha O Bhise, Priyanka N Makhal, Venkata Rao Kaki. Synthetically-tailored and nature-derived dual COX-2/5-LOX inhibitors: Structural aspects and SAR. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2021, 225, 113804.
- Stephy Elza John, Ramya Tokala, Venkata Rao Kaki, Nagula Shankaraiah. Expedition to Phenanthrene Nucleus: A Two‐decade Research on Bench. Asian J. Org. Chem., 2021, 10(8), 2105-2136
- Pran Kishore Deb, Raghuprasad Mailavaram, Balakumar Chandrasekaran, Venkata Rao Kaki, Rajwinder Kaur, Sonja Kachler, Karl‐Norbert Klotz, Raghuram Rao Akkinepally Synthesis, adenosine receptor binding and molecular modelling studies of novel thieno [2, 3-d] pyrimidine derivatives. Chem. Biol. Drug Des. 2018, 91, 962–969.
- Narender Malothu, Jaswanth S. Bhandaru, Umasankar Kulandaivelu, Malathi Jojula, Raghuram Reddy Adidala, Umadevi K. R., Dusthackeer A. V. N., Venkat Rao Kaki, Raghuram Rao Akkinepalli. Synthesis, in vitro antimycobacterial evaluation and docking studies of some new 5,6,7,8-tetrahydropyrido[4,3:4,5]thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidin-4(3H)-one schiff bases. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2016, 26, 836 – 840.
- K. Venkata Rao, A. Raghuram Rao, D. Pran Kishore, P. Mallikarjuna Rao. Basic Ionic Liquid [bmIm]OH Mediated Gewald Reaction As A Green Protocol For The Synthesis of 2-Aminothiophenes. Synth. Commun. 2015, 45(1), 119-126.
- K. Venkata Rao, M. Raghu Prasad, A. Raghuram Rao. Facile Methods for the Synthesis of 5-Aryl And 5-Iodo Pyrrolo[2,3-d]Pyrimidines. J. Heterocyclic Chem. 2014, 51, E380-383.
- Pran Kishore Deb, Rajwinder Kaur, Balakumar Chandrasekaran, Madhu Bala, Dilshad Gill, Venkat Rao Kaki, Raghuram Rao Akkinepalli, Raghuprasad Mailavaram. Synthesis, anti-inflammatory evaluation, and docking studies of some new thiazole derivatives. Med. Chem. Res. 2014, 23, 2780-2792.
- K. Venkata Rao, C. Balakumar, B. Lakshmi Narayana, D. Pran Kishore, Rajwinder Kaur, A. Raghuram Rao. Transesterification of trimethylorthoacetate: an efficient protocol for the synthesis of 4-alkoxy-2-aminothiophene-3-carbonitrile. Tetrahedron Lett. 2013, 54, 1274-1278.
- B. Lakshmi Narayana, D. Pran Kishore, C. Balakumar, K. Venkat Rao, Rajwinder Kaur, A. Raghuram Rao. Pharmacophore based 3D-QSAR study of biphenyl derivatives as nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitors in JEG-3 cell lines. Med. Chem. 2013, 9(7), 974-984.
- B. Lakshmi Narayana, D. Pran Kishore, C. Balakumar, K. Venkata Rao, Rajwinder Kaur, A. Raghuram Rao, J. Narashima Murthy, M. Ravikumar. Molecular modelling evaluation of non-steroidal aromatase inhibitors. Chem. Biol. Drug. Des. 2012, 79, 674–682.
- C Balakumar, D Pran Kishore, K Venkat Rao, B Lakshmi Narayana, K Rajwinder, V Rajkumar, A Raghuram Rao. Design, microwave-assisted synthesis and in silico docking studies of new 4H-pyrimido-[2,1-b]-benzothiazole-2-arylamino-3-cyano-4-ones as possible adenosine A2B receptor antagonists. Indian .J. Chem. 2012, 51B, 1105-1113.
- Rajwinder Kaur, Pran Kishore, Lakshmi Narayana, K Venkat Rao, Balakumar, Rajkumar, Raghuram Rao. A facile microwave-assisted synthesis of 8,9-cycloalkathieno[3,2-e] [1,2,4]-triazolo[1,5-c]pyrimidin-5(6H)-ones. J. Chem. Sci., 2011, 123(1), 69–73.
- K Venkata Rao, Premanand R. Patil, Sridhar Atmakuri, K. P. Ravindranathan Kartha. Iodine–sodium cyanoborohydride-mediated reductive ring opening of 4,6-O-benzylidene acetals of hexopyranosides. Carbohydrate Res. 2010, 345, 2709–2713.
- C. Balakumar, P. Lamba, D. Pran Kishore, B. Lakshmi Narayana, K. Venkat Rao, K. Rajwinder, A. Raghuram Rao, B. Shireesha, B. Narsaiah. Synthesis, anti-inflammatory evaluation and docking studies of some new fluorinated fused quinazolines. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2010, 45, 4904-4913.
- Sarala Balachandran, Ram Vishwakarma, Venkata Rao Kaki, Vithal Yadav, Siddheshwar Chauthe, Somesh Sharma, Sapna Parikh, Firuza Kharas. Tumor necrosis factor-a inhibitors. WO 2008142623A2.
Will be updated shortly!
ANY OTHER INFORMATION
Will be updated shortly!