Faculty Profile : DR. K. Venkat Rao
ADDRESS, ROOM NO
Department of Medicinal Chemistry
Room No. 19
Hyderabad – 500037, TS, INDIA
QUALIFICATION: (REVERSE CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER)
- Ph.D. Panjab University, Chandigarh - India, June 2013
- M.S. NIPER, Mohali, India, 2005
- B. Pharm. - Kakatiya University, Warangal, India, 2002
- Assistant Professor (February 2020 - till date), NIPER-Hyderabad
- Assistant Professor, Central University of Punjab, Bathinda (18th Nov 2016 - 21st Jan 2020)
- Lecturer, International Medical University, Malaysia (Jan-2014 - Nov-2016)
- Senior Lecturer, Asia Metropolitan University, Malaysia (July-2013 - Dec-2013)
- Sr. Research Associate, Suven Life sciences ltd, India (May 2008- Sept 2008)
- Research Associate Jubilant Chemsys ltd, India. (Aug 2007- April 2008)
- Research Associate, Nicholas Piramal Research Centre, India. (Jun-2005 to Aug 2007)
- M.S (Pharm) - Structure and Function of Biomolecules (MC-630)
PHD STUDENTS/MASTERS STUDENTS
- MS (Pharm) Ongoing: 6
- PhD Ongoing: 2
AWARDS / HONOURS
- GATE-2003, 99.01 Percentile (All India Rank-61)
- CSIR-NET Lectureship, India, 2005.
- CSIR-Senior Research Fellowship" Govt. of India. 2011-2012.
- Research fellowship from NIPER during M. S (Pharm), 2003-2005.
- Development of novel -Hypoglycemic agents, Kinase inhibitors, Phytopharmaceuticals and Reference standards
- "Synthesis of Glucose Conjugates of Artemisinin and its Analogues-Exploiting Warburg Effect for Specific Targeting of Cancer Cells" UGC-BSR Start-up Grant, 30-372/2017 (BSR)10 Lakhs, 2018, PI.
- Identification of chemical probes with pancreatic ?-cell selective replication promoting activity: The new paradigm in anti-diabetic drug discovery. FRGS/1/2014/SG01/IMU/03/1; RM 154,000 (INR 29, 00,000); 2014-2016 - PI.
- Synthesis and evaluation of new thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidine derivatives as possible inhibitors of Cyclooxigenase isoenzyme-2 (COX-2); IMU/BP-I-01/12(14)2015; RM 9,000 (INR 1,60,000); May 2015-October 2015 - PI.
PUBLICATIONS / BOOK CHAPTERS
- Priyanka N. Makhal, Arijit Nandi, Venkata Rao Kaki. Insights into the recent synthetic advances of organoselenium compounds. ChemistrySelect, 2021, 6, 663 - 679.
- Pooja Reddy M, Priyanka Makhal, Venkata Rao Kaki. Potential herbal drugs and phytochemicals to minimize the risk of COVID-19: A review. J. Pharmcogn. Phytochem. 2021, 10, 670-675.
- Pran Kishore Deb, Raghuprasad Mailavaram, Balakumar Chandrasekaran, Venkata Rao Kaki, Rajwinder Kaur, Sonja Kachler, Karl?Norbert Klotz, Raghuram Rao Akkinepally Synthesis, adenosine receptor binding and molecular modelling studies of novel thieno [2, 3?d] pyrimidine derivatives. Chem. Biol. Drug Des. 2018, 91, 962-969. (UGC journal no: 5437 )
- K. Venkata Rao, A. Raghuram Rao, D. Pran Kishore, P. Mallikarjuna Rao. Basic Ionic Liquid [bmIm]OH Mediated Gewald Reaction As A Green Protocol For The Synthesis of 2-Aminothiophenes. Synth. Commun. 2015, 45(1), 119-126. (UGC journal no: 22396)
- Narender Malothu, Jaswanth S. Bhandaru, Umasankar Kulandaivelu, Malathi Jojula, Raghuram Reddy Adidala, Umadevi K. R., Dusthackeer A. V. N., Venkat Rao Kaki, Raghuram Rao Akkinepalli. Synthesis, in vitro antimycobacterial evaluation and docking studies of some new 5,6,7,8-tetrahydropyrido[4,3:4,5]thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidin-4(3H)-one schiff bases. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2016, 26, 836 � 840. (UGC journal no: 47160 & 14838)
- K. Venkata Rao, M. Raghu Prasad, A. Raghuram Rao. Facile Methods for the Synthesis of 5-Aryl And 5-Iodo Pyrrolo[2,3-D]Pyrimidines. J. Heterocyclic Chem. 2014, 51, E380-383. (UGC journal no: 28452)
- Pran Kishore Deb, Rajwinder Kaur, Balakumar Chandrasekaran, Madhu Bala, Dilshad Gill, Venkat Rao Kaki, Raghuram Rao Akkinepalli, Raghuprasad Mailavaram. Synthesis, anti-inflammatory evaluation, and docking studies of some new thiazole derivatives. Med. Chem. Res. 2014, 23, 2780-2792. (UGC journal no:5865)
- K. Venkata Rao, C. Balakumar, B. Lakshmi Narayana, D. Pran Kishore, Rajwinder Kaur, A. Raghuram Rao. Transesterification of trimethylorthoacetate: an efficient protocol for the synthesis of 4-alkoxy-2-aminothiophene-3-carbonitrile. Tetrahedron Lett. 2013, 54, 1274-1278. (UGC journal no: 24237)
- B. Lakshmi Narayana, D. Pran Kishore, C. Balakumar, K. Venkat Rao, Rajwinder Kaur, A. Raghuram Rao. Pharmacophore based 3D-QSAR study of biphenyl derivatives as nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitors in JEG-3 cell lines. Med. Chem. 2013, 9(7), 974-984. (UGC journal no: 5864)
- B. Lakshmi Narayana, D. Pran Kishore, C. Balakumar, K. Venkata Rao, Rajwinder Kaur, A. Raghuram Rao, J. Narashima Murthy, M. Ravikumar. Molecular modelling evaluation of non-steroidal aromatase inhibitors. Chem. Biol. Drug. Des. 2012, 79, 674�682. (UGC journal no: 5437)
- C Balakumar, D Pran Kishore, K Venkat Rao, B Lakshmi Narayana, K Rajwinder, V Rajkumar, A Raghuram Rao. Design, microwave-assisted synthesis and in silico docking studies of new 4H-pyrimido[2,1-b]benzothiazole-2-arylamino-3-cyano-4-ones as possible adenosine A2B receptor antagonists. Indian .J. Chem. 2012, 51B, 1105-1113. (UGC journal no: 20731)
- Rajwinder Kaur, Pran Kishore, Lakshmi Narayana, K Venkat Rao, Balakumar, Rajkumar, Raghuram Rao. A facile microwave-assisted synthesis of 8,9-cycloalkathieno[3,2-e] [1,2,4]triazolo[1,5-c]pyrimidin-5(6H)-ones. J. Chem. Sci., 2011, 123(1), 69�73. (UGC journal no: 21838)
- K Venkata Rao, Premanand R. Patil, Sridhar Atmakuri, K. P. Ravindranathan Kartha. Iodine�sodium cyanoborohydride-mediated reductive ring opening of 4,6-O-benzylidene acetals of hexopyranosides. Carbohydrate Res. 2010, 345, 2709�2713. (UGC journal no: 5036)
- C. Balakumar, P. Lamba, D. Pran Kishore, B. Lakshmi Narayana, K. Venkat Rao, K. Rajwinder, A. Raghuram Rao, B. Shireesha, B. Narsaiah. Synthesis, anti-inflammatory evaluation and docking studies of some new fluorinated fused quinazolines. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2010, 45, 4904-4913. (UGC journal no: 28767)
- Upendra K. Jain, Richa K. Bhatia, Raghuram Rao Akkinepally, Ranjit singh, Pran Kishore Deb, Venkat Rao Kaki. Design and synthesis of triphenyl-1H-pyrazole derivatives as anticancer agents. Int. J. Pharm. Pharm. Sci. 2012, 4, 600-604.
- B. Lakshmi Narayana, D. Pran Kishore, C. Balakumar, K. Venkata Rao, Rajwinder Kaur, A. Raghuram Rao. Current strategies in breast cancer therapy. Spanacea, 2011, 1-6.
- Stephy Elza John, Ramya Tokala, Venkata Rao Kaki, Nagula Shankaraiah. Expedition to Phenanthrene Nucleus: A Two- decade Research on Bench. Asian J. Org. Chem., 2021, 10(8), 2105-2136
- Minakshi A Meshram, Utkarsha O Bhise, Priyanka N Makhal, Venkata Rao Kaki. Synthetically-tailored and nature-derived dual COX-2/5-LOX inhibitors: Structural aspects and SAR. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2021, 225, 113804.
- Sarala Balachandran, Ram Vishwakarma, Venkata Rao Kaki, Vithal Yadav, Siddheshwar Chauthe, Somesh Sharma, Sapna Parikh, Firuza Kharas. Tumor necrosis factor-a inhibitors. WO 2008142623A2.
Will be updated shortly!
ANY OTHER INFORMATION
Will be updated shortly!