Faculty Profile : DR. Pankaj Kumar Singh
Name: Dr. Pankaj Kumar Singh
+91 40 23074750 Extn- 2042
ADDRESS, ROOM NO
Department of Pharmaceutics
Room No. 97
Balanagar, Hyderabad-500037, TS, INDIA
QUALIFICATION: (REVERSE CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER)
Ph.D - CSIR - Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India.
Master of Pharmacy - Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Siksha "O" Anushandhan University, Bhubaneswar, India.
Bachelor of Pharmacy, Institute of Pharmacy, Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, India.
- Currently working as assistant professor at NIPER, Hyderabad since February, 2020.
- Will be updated shortly
Will be updated shortly !
PHD STUDENTS/MASTERS STUDENTS
Ph.D: 02 ongoing [Advisor]
Masters: 03 ongoing
AWARDS / HONOURS
- "CSIR-Research Associate" award by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research Human Resource Development Group, Govt. of India.
- Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology sponsored Travel grant award and financial Assistance (ITS/2979/2015-2016) to participating in 23th Int. Conf. on Bioencapsulation to be held from 02.09.2015 to 04.09.2015 in Delft, The Netherlands.
- Incentive award for research paper publication 2015 in appreciation of research work by CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow.
- "CSIR-Senior Research Fellowship" award by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research Human Resource Development Group, Govt. of India.
- Ligand anchored targeted drug delivery system cancer and visceral leishmaniasis
- Peptide based drug delivery system
- Stimuli responsive drug delivery system.
- Plasma pharmacokinetic and biodistibution studies.
- Multiple dose toxicity study by histopathology
- Development of drug delivery systems for improved bioavailability of hydrophobic drugs
PUBLICATIONS / BOOK CHAPTERS
- Applications of lipid-engineered nanoplatforms in the delivery of various cancer therapeutics to surmount breast cancer; Gupta, U.; Saren, B. N.; Khaparkhuntikar, K.; Madan, J.; Singh, P. K., J. Control. Release.2022, 22, S0168-3659
- Nanomedicine as a magic bullet for combating lymphoma; Mahajan, S.; Aalhate, M.; Guru, S. K.; Singh, P. K., J. Control. Release. 2022, 347, 211-236.
- The role of polymers and excipients for better gastric retention of captopril in past two decades; Das, U.; Wadhwa, P.; Singh, P. K.; Kalidindi, D. V.; Nagpal, K., Crit. Rev. Ther. Drug Carr. Syst
- Strategy to counteract the pyrazinamide induced hepatotoxicity by developing naringin based Co-amorphous system with supplementary benefits; Prajapati, B.; Maji, I.; Kumar, R.; Tomar, D.; Khatri, D. K.; Madan, J.; Singh, P. K., J Drug Deliv Sci Technol. 2022, 69, 103181.
- Development of asolectin-based liposomal formulation for controlled and targeted delivery of erlotinib as a model drug for EGFR monotherapy; Pardeshi, S.; Tiwari, A.; Titame, U.; Singh, P. K.; Yadav, P. K.; Chourasia, M. K., J. Liposome Res. 2022, 1-10.
- Identification of possible drug target for NMDA receptor and tau protein by insilico method; Parvatikar, P.; Das, K. K.; Singh, P. K.; Singh, S. B., BLDE Univ. J. Health Sci. 2020, 3, 22.
- Pankaj Kumar Singh, Bapi Gorain, Hira Choudhury, Sachin Kumar Singh, Pankaj Whadwa, Shilpa, Sanjeev Sahu, Monica Gulati, Prashant Keshrwani. Macrophage targeted amphotericin B nanodelivery systems against visceral leishmaniasis. Accepted April 2020, Materials Science & Engineering B [Impact factor: 3.507].
- Pankaj K. Singh, Sonika Chibh, Taru Dube, Virander Singh Chauhan, Jiban Jyoti Panda. Arginine-a, �-dehydrophenylalanine Dipeptide Nanoparticles for pH-responsive Drug Delivery. Pharmaceutical Research, 35, 2018, 35. [Impact Factor: 3.896].
- Pankaj K. Singh, Anil K. Jaiswal, Vivek K. Pawar, Kavit Raval, Animesh Kumar, Himangsu K. Bora, Anuradha Dube, Manish K. Chourasia. Fabrication of 3-O-sn-Phosphatidyl-L-serine anchored PLGA nanoparticle bearing Amphotericin B for macrophage targeting. Pharmaceutical Research, 35, 2018, 60. [Impact Factor: 3.896].
- Pankaj K. Singh, Anup K. Srivastava, Atul Dev, Babita Kaundal, Subhasree Roy Choudhury, Surajit Karmakar. 1, 3 beta Glucan anchored, Paclitaxel Loaded Chitosan Nanocarrier Endows Enhanced Hemocompatibility with Efficient Anti-Glioblastoma Stem Cells Therapy. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2018, 180, 365-375. [Impact Factor: 6.044].
- Pankaj K. Singh, Vivek K. Pawar, Anil K. Jaiswal, Yuvraj Singh, Cheruvu Hanumanth Srikanth, Mohini Chaurasia, Himangsu K. Bora, Kavit Raval, Jaygopal Meher, Jiaur R. Gayen, Anuradha Dube, Manish K. Chourasia. Chitosan coated PluronicF127 micelles for effective delivery of Amphotericin B in Experimental Visceral Leishmaniasis. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2017, 105, 1220-1231. [Impact Factor: 4.784].
- Pankaj Singh, Amit Gupta, Anil Jaiswal, Anuradha Dube, Sourav Mishra, Manish K. Chourasia. Design and development of Amphotericin B bearing polycaprolactone microparticles for macrophage targeting. Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, 2011, 7, 50-51. [Impact Factor: 5.068].
- Pankaj K. Singh, Prachi Saha, Jaygopal Meher, Vivek K. Pawar, Kavit Raval, Sumit Joshi, Yuvraj Singh, Anuradha Dube, Manish K. Chourasia. Macrophage-targeted chitosan anchored PLGA nanoparticles bearing doxorubicin and amphotericin B against visceral leishmaniasis. RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 71705-71718. [Impact Factor: 3.049].
- Pankaj K. Singh, Sofia Guzzarlamudi, Vivek K. Pawar, Yuvraj Singh, Komal Sharma, S. K. Paliwal, Manish K. Chourasia, M. V. Ramana, Mohini Chaurasia. Synergistic Chemotherapeutic Activity of Curcumin Bearing Methoxypolyethylene Glycol-g-Linoleic Acid Based Micelles on Breast Cancer Cells. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2015, 15, 1�11. [Impact Factor: 1.354].
- Mohini Chaurasia, Pankaj K. Singh, Anil K. Jaiswal, Animesh Kumar, Vivek K. Pawar, Anuradha Dube, Sarvesh K. Paliwal, Manish K. Chourasia. Bioinspired calcium phosphate nanoparticles featuring as efficient carrier and prompter for macrophage intervention in experimental leishmaniasis. Pharmaceutical Research, 2016, 11, 2617�2629. [Impact Factor: 3.896].
- Richa Shrivastava, Shruti Trivedi, Pankaj K. Singh, Mohammad Asif, Manish K Chourasia, Amit Khanna, Smrati Bhadauria. Design and development of pegylated liposomal formulation of her2 blocker Lapatinib for enhanced anticancer activity and diminshed cardiotoxicity. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2018, 5; 503 (2), 677-683. [Impact Factor: 2.705].
- Sonika Chibh, Avneet Kour, Nitin Yadav, Pankaj Kumar, Pratik Yadav, Virander Singh Chauhan, Jiban Jyoti Panda. Redox-Responsive Dipeptide Nanostructures toward Targeted Cancer Therapy. ACS omega, 5 (7), 3365-3375. [Impact Factor: 2.584].
- Om P. S. Patel, Ashutosh Arun, Pankaj K. Singh, Deepika Saini, Sharanbasappa Shrimant Karade, Manish K. Chourasia, Rituraj Konwar, Prem Yadav. Pyranocarbazole derivatives as potent anti-cancer agents triggering tubulin polymerization stabilization induced activation of caspase-dependent apoptosis and downregulation of Akt/mTOR in breast cancer cells. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2019, 1; 167, 226-244. [Impact Factor: 4.833].
- Animesh Kumar, Vijay K Sirohi, Fatima Anum, Pankaj K. Singh, Kanchan Gupta, Diksha Gupta, Shubhini A. Saraf, Anila Dwivedi, Manish K. Chourasia. Enhanced apoptosis, survivin down regulation and assisted immunochemotherapy by curcumin loaded amphiphilic mixed micelles for subjugating endometrial cancer. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine, 2017, 13, 1953-1963. [Impact Factor: 5.570].
- Yuvraj Singh, Vivek Pawar, Veeramuthu Saravanakumar, Jaya Meher, Kavit Raval, Pankaj Singh, R Dinesh Kumar, Manish Chourasia. Novel validated RP-HPLC method for Bendamustine hydrochloride based on ion-pair chromatography: Application in determining infusion stability and pharmacokinetics. Journal of Chromatographic Science, 2016, 55(1), 30-39. [Impact Factor: 1.216].
- Vivek K. Pawar, Samir B. Panchal, Yuvraj Singh, Jaya Gopal Meher, Komal Sharma, Pankaj Singh, Himangshu K. Bora, Akhilesh Singh, Dipak Datta, Manish K. Chourasia. Immunotherapeutic vitamin E nanoemulsion synergies the antiproliferative activity of paclitaxel in breast cancer cells via modulating Th1 and Th2 immune response. Journal of Controlled Release 2014; 196: 295-306. [Impact Factor: 7.901].
- Vivek K. Pawar, Siddharth Gupta, Yuvraj Singh, Jaya Gopal Meher, Komal Sharma, Pankaj Singh, Annie Gupta, Himangshu K. Bora, Mohini Chaurasia, Manish K. Chourasia. Pluronic F-127 stabilised docetaxel nanocrystals improve apoptosis by mitochondrial depolarization in breast cancer cells: pharmacokinetics and toxicity assessment. Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, 2015, 11, 1747-1763. [Impact Factor: 5.068].
- Vivek K. Pawar, Yuvraj Singh, Komal Sharma, Jaya Gopal Meher, Arpita Srivastav, Abhishek Sharma, Pankaj K. Singh, Kavit Raval, Akhilesh Singh, Himangshu K. Bora, Dipak Datta, Jawahar Lal, Manish K. Chourasia. Doxorubicin hydrochloride loaded zymosan-polyetyleneimine biopolymeric nanoparticles for dual chemoimmunotherapeutic intervention in breast cancer. Pharmaceutical Research, 2017, 34, 1857�1871. [Impact Factor: 3.896].
- Yuvraj Singh, Sandeep Tomar, Shariq Khan, Jaya Gopal Meher, Vivek K. Pawar, Kavit Raval, Komal Sharma, , Pankaj K. Singh, B. Surendar Reddy, Manish K Chourasia. Bridging small interfering RNA with giant therapeutic outcomes using nanometric liposomes. Journal of Controlled Release, 2015, 220, 368�387. [Impact Factor: 7.901].
- Hafsa Ahmad, Abhishek Arya, Satish Agrawal, Prachi Mall, Sheeba Saji Samuel, Komal Sharma, Pankaj K. Singh, Sandeep Kumar Singh, Guru Raghavendra Valicherla, Kalyan Mitra, Jiaur Rehman Gayen, Sarvesh Paliwal, Rakesh Shukla, and Anil Kumar Dwivedi. Rutin phospholipid complexes confer neuro-protection in ischemic-stroke rats. RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 96445-96454. [Impact Factor: 3.049].
- Yuvraj Singh, Anumandla Chandrashekhar, Jaya Gopal Meher, K.K. Durga Rao Viswanadham, Vivek K. Pawar, Kavit Raval, Komal Sharma, Pankaj K. Singh, Animesh Kumar, Manish K. Chourasia. Nanosized complexation assemblies housed inside reverse micelles churn out monocytic delivery cores for bendamustine hydrochloride. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, 2017, 113, 198-210. [Impact Factor: 4.708].
- Vivek K. Pawar, Yuvraj Singh, Komal Sharma, Arpita Shrivastav, Abhisheak Sharma, Akhilesh Singh, Jaya Gopal Meher, Pankaj Singh, Kavit Raval, Animesh Kumar, Himangshu K. Bora, Dipak Datta, Jawahar Lal, Manish K. Chourasia. Improved chemotherapy against breast cancer through immunotherapeutic activity of fucoidan decorated electrostatically assembled nanoparticles bearing doxorubicin. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2018, 2019, 1;122, 1100-1114. [Impact Factor: 4.784].
- Sananda Som, Sachin Kumar Singh, Gopal L Khatik, Bhupinder Kapoor, Monica Gulati, K. Gowthamarajan, Nandha Kumar Anandhakrishnan, Bimlesh Kumar, Ankit Kumar Yadav, Rajesh Kumar, Pankaj Kumar Singh, Rubiya Khursheed, Rajan Kumar, Narendra Kumar Pandey, Jivan Jyoti, Souvik Mohanta, Omji Porwal. Quality by design based crystallization of curcumin crystals using liquid anti-solvent precipitation: Micromeritic, biopharmaceutical and stability aspects. ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies, Accepted May 2019. [Impact Factor: 1.420].
- Yogita Kumari, Gurmandeep Kaur, Rajesh Kumar, Sachin Kumar Singh, Monica Gulati, Rubiya Khursheed, Ayinkamiye Clarisse, K. Gowthamarajan, V.V.S. Narayana Reddy Karri, Ravichandran Mahalingam, Dipanjoy Ghosh, Ankit Awasthi, Rajan Kumar, Ankit Kumar Yadav, Bhupinder Kapoor, Pankaj Kumar Singh, Kamal Dua, Omji Porwal. Gold nanoparticles: new routes across old boundaries. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 2019, 274, 102037. [Impact Factor: 8.243].
- Saurabh Singh, Sachin Kumar Singh, Malti G Chauhan, Bimlesh Kumar, Narendra Kumar Pandey, Barinder Kaur, Arun Kumar, Souvik Mohanta, Monica Gulati, Sheetu Wadhwa, Ankit Kumar Yadav, Pankaj Kumar Singh, Yogita Kumari, Gurmandeep Kaur, Rubiya Khursheed, A. Clarrisse. Quality by design-based optimization of formulation and process variables for controlling particle size and zeta potential of spray dried incinerated copper nanosuspension. Recent Innovations in Chemical Engineering, Accepted June 2019.
- Abhishek Thakur, Pankaj Kumar Singh, Monica Gulati, Swadhin Sekhar Biswal, Navneet Kumar, Chandan Bhogendra Jha, Gurvinder Singh, Charanjit Kaur, Rajesh Kumar. Drug delivery through nose: a non-invasive technique for brain targeting. Journal of Reports in Pharmaceutical Sciences. Accepted September 2019.
BOOK / BOOK CHAPTERS
- Pharmaceutics-I, Edited by: Dr. Rahul Shukla & Dr. Pankaj Kumar Singh. Publisher: Ereadon publisher Doonville Publishers Private Limited.
- "Site Specific Oral Drug Delivery Systems" in book "Oral Modified Release Drug Delivery Systems" contains 11 chapters. Publisher: Pharmamed Press, Hyderabad, ISBN No.: 978-93-5230-176-8. Pankaj Kumar Singh, Priya Singh Khushwaha.
- "Macrophage Targeting: A Promising Strategy for Delivery of Chemotherapeutics in Leishmaniasis and Other Visceral Diseases" in book "Nanomedicines and Disease Treatment: Concept to Applications" contain 17 chapters. Publisher: Apple Academic Press, USA (Hosted and Published by CRC Press, USA), ISBN No.: 978-17-7188-767-0. Jaya Gopal Meher, Pankaj K. Singh, Yuvraj Singh, Mohini Chaurasia, Anita Singh, and Manish K. Chourasia.
- A controlled release formulation for enhanced oral bioavailability of hydrophobic drugs. Chourasia Manish K., Singh Pankaj K., Raval Kavit, Pawar Vivek K., Cheruvu H. Srikanth, Gayen Jiaur R., Dwivedi Anil Kumar. Indian Patent Application No. (IPO) No. 201611002387 filed on 22.01.2016, Application Publication date: 28/07/2016.
- Osimeritinib mesylate plga nanoparticles with ligands in lung cancer therapy. Anitha Sriram, Pankaj Kumar Singh, Shashi Bala Singh, Sajid haque. Indian Patent Application No. (IPO) No. IN202041007562 filed on 22.02.2020.
- Pankaj K. Singh, Manish K. Chourasia. Nano-structured vesicles of amphiphilic block co-polymer for macrophage targeted delivery of Ampotericin B. �International Symposium on Molecular Medicine� on 14 to 16th December 2018 held at SGPGI, Lucknow, India.
- Pankaj Kumar Singh, Ankit Awasthi. An updated review of ligand anchored targeted liposome. An Integrated Conference on "Ayush, Agriculture & Pharmacy" (ICAAP-2018) on 13th & 14th October 2018 held at Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, India.
- Pankaj K. Singh, Manish K. Chourasia. Design and Development of Phosphatidylserine Coated Polymeric Nanoparticle Bearing Amphotericin B for Treatment of Experimental Visceral leishmaniasis. International Toxicology Conclave -2017 on 5th to 6th November 2017 held at CSIR -Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, India.
- Pankaj K. Singh, Manish K. Chourasia. Synergistic Activity of Doxorubicin Bearing Methoxypolyethylene Glycol-g-Linoleic Acid Based Micelles against MCF-7 Cells. 6th International symposium on �current trends in drug discovery and research� on 25th to 28th Feb 2016 held at CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India.
- Pankaj K. Singh, Pawar Vivek K., Chourasia Manish K. Methoxy peg-g-linoleic acid based micelles for synergistic activity of curcumin. 23th international conference on bioencapsulation 2nd - 4th September, 2015 held at delft, Netherlands.
- Pankaj K. Singh, Vivek K. Pawar, Manish K. Chourasia. Amphotericin B Loaded Polysaccharide Anchored PLGA Nanoparticles for Macrophage Targeting. International Pharmaceutical Conference-2015 on �nanoformulations and translational research: small getting bigger� on Feb 2nd & 3rd, 2015 held at Department of pharmaceutical sciences, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow, Uttar Prasdesh, India.
- Priyanka Mishra, Pankaj K. Singh, Vivek K. Pawar, Manish K. Chourasia. Doxorubicin and amphotericin b bearing nanoreservoirs for augmented chemotherapy against visceral leishmaniasis. International Pharmaceutical Conference-2015 on �nanoformulations and translational research: small getting bigger� on Feb 2nd & 3rd, 2015 held at Department of pharmaceutical sciences, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow, Uttar Prasdesh, India.
- Participated in one day symposium on �Drug discovery in India: Past, Present and future� on 01 January 2015 held at CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India.
- Participated in one day symposium on �Scientific writing & plagiarism� on 29th August 2017 held at Amity Institute of Pharmacy, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow, India.
- Participated in one day symposium on �Molecular Medicines for Lifestyle Diseases: Emerging Targets and Approaches� on 20th & 21st November, 2017 held at CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India.
- Attended 59th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress meets 2007, held at IIT-Banaras Hindu University Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India.
OTHER RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- Work as an organizer of "NIPER DRILLS industry oriented training" organized by NIPER-Hyderabad and Dr. Reddy institute of Life Sciences, Hyderabad on 16th to 20th Decemeber 2019 held at NIPER-Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Work as an organizer of one workshop on "Good Pharmacy Practice" Organized by NIPER-Hyderabad on 16th September 2019 held at I M A Function Hall, Khammam, Telangana.
- Work as an organizer of one workshop on "Good Pharmacy Practice" Organized by NIPER-Hyderabad on 23rd August 2019 held at Vaageswari Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Karimnagar Telangana.
- Work as an organizer of "Arogya Sangosti" and got certificate of recognition in "Integrated conference on Ayurveda, Agriculture, & Pharmaceutical science" on 13th and 14th October 2018 held at Lovely Professional University, Punjab.
TRAININGS & WORKSHOPS
- Completed M. Pharm project training in Pharmaceutics division of CSIR-CDRI, 2010 on "Preparation and characterization of Amphotericin B microparticles (IM) by using PCL as a polymer for treatment of leishmaniasis".
- Attended workshop on "intellectual property rights issues and challenges" organized jointly Indira Gandhi National Open University Lucknow and University of Lucknow at Lucknow University, 2015.
- Attended national workshop on "regulatory compliance for accelerating innovations" organized by Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), New Delhi on 29 May 2019 at NIPER-Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Attended national workshop on "Good Pharmacy Practice" Organized by NIPER-Hyderabad on 23rd August 2019 held at Vaageswari Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Karimnagar Telangana.
- Attended national workshop on "Good Pharmacy Practice" Organized by NIPER-Hyderabad on 16th September 2019 held at I M A Function Hall, Khammam, Telangana.
Will be updated shortly !
ANY OTHER INFORMATION
- Member of "Bioencapsulation Research Group, 5 rue de la maison Blanche 44240 Suc� sur Erdre, France"
- Member of "Indian Science Congress Association". A professional body under department of science & technology, ministry of science & technology, government of india (membership no. SLM933).