Faculty & Staff
Dr. V.G.M Naidu
Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology
Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Anatomy, YLL School of Medicine, NUS, Singapore (2010-11)
- Ph.D Pharmacology Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, A.P., India. (2005 - 2010)
- M.Tech (Medical Biotechnology), Department of BiochemistryUniversity of Hyderabad, Hyderabad (2003 - 2005)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy ,SSR College of Pharmacy, Mahboobnagar, A.P (1999-2003)
Research Area of Interest:
- Working as a Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology, at NIPER-Hyderabad since 2012
- Worked as lecturer in department of pharmacology, S.S.R.College of pharmacy, Mahbubnagar, and Vikas college of pharmacy, Jangoan, Warangal, A.P., India
- Worked as project assistant in department of pharmacology, Indian institute of chemical technology (IICT), Hyderabad, A.P, India
Fellowships and Awards:
- Molecular pharmacology, cancer targeted drug delivery systems, Animal cell culture and its application for cell based drug assays.
- Screening Indian biodiversity and Indian Systems of Medicine in search of newer compounds in the area of inflammation, arthritis, diabetes, cancer and hepatoprotective activities. Programmed cell death of cancer cell and signalling.
- Targeting sPLA2 enzymes for the treatment of chronic inflammatory disorders
- Targeting RANKL for the treatment of inflammation and cancer induced bone disorders.
Conferences / Workshops Attended:
- Awarded senior research scholarship from Council of scientific and industrial research (CSIR), New Delhi.
- Awarded Scholarship for 2 years from AICTE for qualifying GATE
- Secured 3rd rank in national level entrance Examination for M.Tech (Medical Biotechnology) conducted by UNIVERSITY OF HYDERABAD, Hyderabad in May 2003.
- Secured 91.14 Percentile with all INDIA rank 558 in GATE entrance examination conducted by IIT Madras in June 2003.
- Achieved 1st rank in M.Tech medical biotechnology (2003-2005), University of Hyderabad.
Project Work Supervision:
- Attended 3 days training programme for animal handling by Responsive care and Laboratory Use of animals at National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- Attended biological and chemical safety training programme conducted by OSHE, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- Attended 3 days training for surface Plasmon resonance technology at DBS, NUS conducted by GE health care Ltd.
- Attended BioPharma Asia Convention 2011, Singapore.
- Training programme on 5th Technology led entrepreneurship of HRDG, CSIR conducted by the faculty of Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore from 2-27, 2008 at IICT, Hyderabad.
- Changing trends in animal experimentation on 12th September, 2008 organized by JAI research foundation at NIPER, Hyderabad.
- Participated in 57th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress from 2nd -4th December 2005, Hyderabad.
- Satellite symposium on Molecular aspects in Cell Signaling organized by the School of Life Sciences” University of Hyderabad.
- Attended Indo-German Workshop Conducted On Nov 1&2 In University Of Hyderabad
- Attended CHEMTECH PHARMABIO, 2005 held at Mumbai.
Preparation & evaluation of GKG/CS hydrogels for controlled release of diclofenac sodium – National seminar on green polymers from renewable resources emerging technologies on September 6th 2008, organized by oil technologists association of India & Organic coating and polymers division of IICT.
- Supervised 3 MSC and 7 M.pharm/MS students for their dissertation works.
- Ganga Modi Naidu Vegi, Ramakrishna Sistla, Palaniappan Srinivasan, Sashidhar Rao Beedu, Roop K. Khar and Prakash V Diwan. Emulsifying property of Gum Kondagogu (Cochlospermum gossypium): a natural biopolymer. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. 2009,89(8):127-1276
- Vegi. Ganga Modi Naidu, Kuncha Madhusudhana, Beedu Sashidhar Rao. , Sistla Ramakrishna, Roop K. Khar, Farhan J. Ahmed and Prakash V. Diwan Polyelectrolyte complexes of gum kondagogu and chitosan, as drug carrier. Carbohydrate polymers .2009, 76:464-471.
- Bidya Dhar Sahu, Kiran Kumar Reddy Rentam, Uday Kumar Putcha, Madhusudana Kuncha, Ganga Modi Naidu Vegi, Ramakrishna Sistla. Carnosic acid attenuates renal injury in an experimental model of rat cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity. Food and Chemical Toxicology 49 (2011) 3090–309.
- Kuncha Madhusudana,Boyapati Shireesha Vegi Ganga Modi Naidu Sistla Ramakrishna Banda Narsaiah, Akkinepally Raghuram Rao, Prakash V. Diwan. Anti-inflammatory potential of thienopyridines as possible alternative to NSAIDs. European Journal of Pharmacology, 2012,678,48-54.
- Kamal A, Shaheer Malik M, Bajee S, Azeeza S, Faazil S, Ramakrishna S, Naidu VG, Vishnuwardhan MV. Synthesis and biological evaluation of conformationally flexible as well as restricted dimers of monastrol and related dihydropyrimidones. Eur J Med Chem. 2011 Aug;46(8):3274-8.
- Boddu Anandarao,Ravindra Singh Rajpoot, V.G.M.Naidu, Kolpula Srinivas, Sistla Ramakrishna, Vaidya Jayathirtharao. Synthesis and in vitro antitumor activity of new nicotinylrhodanine derivatives. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences 2011, Vol 2(4), 191-202
- Sunkara Yashvanth, Robinson A, Suresh Babu, K, Naidu, V.G. M,Vishnuvardhan, M V P S , Ramakrishna, S, Madhavendra S S * and Rao, J M. Anti-inflammatory and cytotoxic activity of chloroform extract of roots of Saussurea lappa Clarke. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2010, 3(8),1775-1778.
- Abhinav Kanwal, Jogender Mehla, Madhusudana Kuncha, Vegi Ganga Modi Naidu, Yogendra Kumar Gupta, Ramakrishna Sistla. Anti-Amnesic Activity of Vitex Negundo in Scopolamine Induced Amnesia in Rats. Pharmacology & Pharmacy, 2010, 1, 1-8.
- Madhusudana K, Naidu V.G.M, Amitav J.C, Joshi R.S, Sachin agawane, Prakash V.Diwan. Protective Effect of “Heptovit” on t-BHP and Paracetamol-induced Hepatotoxicity. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2010, 3(9), 2276-2279.
- Rajesh Mukthavaram, Srujan Marepally, Mahidhar Y.Venkata., Naidu V.G.M, Ramakrishna Sistla, Arabinda Chaudhuri. Cationic glycolipids with cyclic and open galactose head-groups for the selective targeting of genes to mouse liver. Biomaterials. 2009, 30 (12): 2369-2384.
- Ch. Srinivas, Ch.N.S. Sai Pavan Kumar, B. China Raju, V. Jayathirtha Rao, V.G.M. Naidu, S. Ramakrishna, Prakash V. Diwan. First stereoselective total synthesis and anticancer activity of new amide alkaloids of roots of pepper. Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry letters.2009, 19 (20): 5915-5918.
- Hymavathi, K. Suresh Babu, V.G.M Naidu, S. Rama Krishna, Prakash V Diwan, J. Madhusudana rao. Bioactivity-guided isolation of cytotoxic constituents from stem-bark of Premna tomentosa Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry letters. 2009 ,19(19):5727-31.
- Robinson, T. Vijay Kumar, E. Sreedhar, V.G.M. Naidu, Sistla Rama Krishna, K. Suresh Babu, P.V. Srinivas and J. Madhusudana Rao. A new sesquiterpene lactone from the roots of Saussurea lappa: Structure–anticancer activity study. Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry letters. 2008 ; Vol 18 (14),4015-4017.
- Kamal A, Tekumalla V, Raju P, Naidu V.G.M., Diwan PV, Sistla R.Pyrrolo[2,1-c][1,4]benzodiazepine-beta-glucuronide prodrugs with a potential for selective therapy of solid tumors by PMT and ADEPT strategies, Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry letters 2008 Jul 1;18(13):3769-73.
- Srinivas Reddy B, Kiran Kumar Reddy R, Naidu V.G.M, Madhusudhana K, Agwane SB, Ramakrishna S, Diwan PV. Evaluation of antimicrobial, antioxidant and wound-healing potentials of Holoptelea integrifolia. J. Ethnopharmacol. 2008 Jan 17; 115(2): 249-56.