Faculty & Staff
Dr. M.V.Narendra Kumar Talluri
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Ph.D; Chromatography & Mass spectrometry (Pharmaceutical Analysis)
Research Area of Interest:
- Working as a Lecturer at NIPER-Hyderabad since 2009.
- Worked at Biocon Bristol-Myers Squibb Research Center as a Associate Scientific Manager
Awards and Honors:
- Impurity Profiling and Metabolic profiling of Drugs
- Drug metabolism and Pharmacokinetics
- Stability studies/drug-drug interactions
- Bio-analytical research- SPE, SPME, GC-MS, LC-MS/MS
- Standardization of Herbal Drugs
- Method development and validation for Drugs and Pharmaceuticals
Membership of Scientific Societies:
- Research Fellowship awarded by CSIR
- Associate ship (AIC) awarded by Institute of Chemists
Reviewer: Journal of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies, USA.
- Editorial Advisory Board-Member: Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Clinical Practice
- Top 25 Hottest articles in Science Direct: 4 times (articles published in JPBA).
- Invited speaker, seminar on “Trends in Pharmaceutical Technology”, SCPS-JNTU, 2010.
Invited speaker, “The importance and challenges of impurity profiling in modern pharmaceutical analysis”, SGIPS-ANU, 2011.
Expert member/Resource person “Dr. Yallapragada Subbarao Research Forum” SGIPS, AN University.
Prestigious “Young Pharmaceutical Analyst Award 2011” bestowed IDMA-APA PAC 2011.
Teaching & Guiding Research Projects:
- Life member of Institute of Chemists, India.
- Member, IDMA-Association of Pharmaceutical Analysts (IDMA-APA).
- Separation Techniques (NP-510)
- Topics in Pharmaceutical Analysis (PA-510)
- Modern Instrumental Techniques for Evaluation of APIs and Drug Products (PA-620)
- Pharmacopoeial Methods of Analysis (PA-610)
- Standardization of Natural Product Drugs / Formulations (NP-630)
- Seminar (GE-511, GE-611)
- General Laboratory Experience (LG-510, LS -610)
- Guiding the research work of M.S. (Pharm.Analysis) students –six nos.
- Completed: 6 MS (Pharm.Analysis) Research projects in Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Designed course-work for PhD in Pharmaceutical Analysis, NIPER-Hyderabad.
Books / Monographs:
- Development of a validated RP-LC/ESI-MS-MS method for separation, identification and determination of related-substances of tamsulosin in bulk drugs and formulations,
Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 46 (2008) 94-103.
- Development and validation of a reversed phase liquid chromatographic method for separation and determination of related-substances of modafinil in bulk drugs
Talanta 73 (2007) 407-414.
- Continuous counter current extraction, isolation and determination of solanesol in Nicotiana tobacum L. by non-aqueous reversed phase high performance liquid Chromatography
Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 46 (2008) 310–315.
An overview of recent applications of inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) in determination of inorganic impurities in drugs and pharmaceuticals (Review article)
Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 43 (2007) 1-13.
- Simultaneous separation and determination of co-enzyme Q10 and its process related impurities by NARP-HPLC and atmospheric pressure chemical ionization-mass spectrometry (APCI-MS).
Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 47 (2008) 230-237.
- Determination of heavy metals in selected drug substances by inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry, Indian Journal of Chemical Technology 12 (2005) 229-231.
- Enantioselective HPLC resolution of synthetic intermediates and related substances of armodafinil.
Journal of Separation Science 31 (2008) 981-989.
- Estimation of trace lead impurity in haematopoietic drug samples by flame atomic absorption spectrometry, Asian Chemistry Letters 12 (2008) 57-60.
- Separation of sterioisomers of sertraline and its related enatiomeric impurities on a dimethylated β–Cyclodextrin stationary phase by HPLC,
Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 50 (2009)281-286.
- LC-ESI-MS determination and pharmacokinetics of adrafinil in rats,
Journal of Chromatography B 873 (2008) 119-123.
- Development and validation of RP-HPLC and ultraviolet spectrophotometric methods of analysis for simultaneous determination of paracetamol and larnoxicam in pharmaceutical dosage forms, Journal of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies (accepted).
- Development of a molecularly imprinted polymer for selective extraction followed by zwitterionic hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography (ZIC-HILIC) determination of 3-methylflavone-8-carboxylic acid, the main active metabolite of flavoxate in human urine,
Journal of Separation Science (accepted)
- Book series entitled, “Comprehensive Bioactive Natural Products” published by Studium Press LLC, USA. (2010.) Vol. 6 Chapter on “Extraction, Isolation and Characterization of Solanesol from Nicotiana tobacum L.” R. Nageswara Rao and M.V. Narendra Kumar Talluri
- Book entitled, Impurity Profiling of Drugs and Pharmaceuticals. Published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing AG &Co. KG, Germany (by Invitation).
- Invited speaker for a National Seminar on “Trends in Pharmaceutical Technology (PHARMASCAN)” conducted by SCOPS of JNT University-Hyderabad to delivered a talk on “Trends in Impurity Profiling of Drugs and Pharmaceuticals". on 28-29th Dec' 2010.
- Application of ICP-MS in Pharmaceutical Industry- a new dimension, in the Conference of Indian Council of Chemists, held at IIT, Roorke, Oct‟2003 (Oral presentation)
- Determination of traces of titanium in Esomeprazole magnesium by ICP-MS, 57th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress held at Hyderabad Dec 2006. (Oral presentation)
- Method development and validation for the Gas Chromatography-Flame Ionization Detection assay of ethanol in Arishtas (Ayurvedic formulations), in the “International Conference on Resent Advances in Drug Discovery”. Organized by Kakatiya University, Warangal. A.P., Oct. 22-24th, 2010 (Oral presentation) M.V.N.KumarTalluri*, Anitha Kalyankar, Naveen Reddy Kandimalla, D. Subrahmanyam
- Drug-excipient interaction study of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride with different pharmaceutical excipients by RP-HPLC, DSC, XRD and FT-IR. in the “4th Conference on Recent Trends in Instrumental Methods of Analysis, Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. Feb. 18 - 20th Feb 2010.
M.V.N. Kumar Talluri*, Amit k. jain, Nirav N. jadav , K.V.Lalitha
- Development and validation of a stability indicating high performance liquid chromatographic method for determination of Zotepine-an antipsychotic drug in presence of its degradation products, National seminar on Recent advances in Analytical sciences- Indian perspective (RAASI) organized by Indian Society of Analytical Scientist (ISAS), Hyderabad Chapter and IICT, Hyd.,
M.V.N.Kumar Talluri*, Naveen Reddy Kandimalla, and Amit K. Jain
- Validated stability indicating RP-HPLC assay method for simultaneous determination of chlorzoxazone and ibuprofen in bulk drugs and formulations, National seminar on Recent advances in Analytical sciences- Indian perspective (RAASI) organized by Indian Society of Analytical Scientist (ISAS), Hyderabad Chapter and IICT, Hyd.
M.V.N.Kumar Talluri*, Amit K. Jain, K.V.Lalitha.
- A Stability indicating high performance liquid chromatographic method for simultaneous determination of Amlodipine and Perindopril in Bulk drugs and Dosage form, Separation Science Asia 2011 (Biopolis, Singapore; 27-28 July). M.V.N.Kumar Talluri*, H.H. Theja Dugga. (accepted for poster)
- Separation, determination of atorvastatin, an antihyperlipidemic drug in synchronization with
antihypertensive, antidiabetic, antithrombotics by using reversed phase high performance liquid
chromatography in combined dosage formulations, Separation Science Asia 2011 (Biopolis,
Singapore; 27-28 July). M.V.N.Kumar Talluri*, Anitha Kalyankar.(accepted for poster)
- Workshop On “Fundamentals of Clinical Research & Good Clinical Practice” of ACADEMY FOR CLINICAL EXCELLENCE held at ITC Kakatiya Sheraton, Hyderabad 18 - 20 October 2007.
- National Conference on “Ayurvedic Medicare as Evidence based Medicine” organized by I.S.E.R.V.E. (Institute of Scientific Research on Vedas), held on 16-17, Feb, 2006, Hyderabad.
- 57th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress held at Hyderabad in Dec‟2006.
- Seminar on “Analytical Chemistry-Drugs & Pharmaceuticals” of Indian Society of Analytical Scientists (ISAS) held on 12th Mar.2004 at IICT, Hyderabad
- American Chemical Society‟s short course in Capillary Gas Chromatography & High Pressure Liquid Chromatography “How to Develop and Trouble Shoot GC and HPLC methods” on Feb 19- 20, 2004.
- 22nd Conference of Indian Council of Chemists (ICC), Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. Oct‟2003. International seminar on “Global scenario of Herbal Medicine”, of Indo German Nachkontakt Association (IGNA), 19-20 Sep, 2003.
- The Millennium 52nd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress held at Hyderabad from 1-3rd Dec‟2000.
- National Seminar on Analytical Chemistry-Vision 2020, March- 2008, IICT, Hyderabad.
- 2nd International Symposium on Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) Applications toward Drug Discovery and Development jointly organized by Bristol-Myers Squibb and NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar 160 062, Punjab, India on 27-28th Feb. 2010
- Workshop on „Computer Aided Drug Design and Discovery‟ (CAD3) -2010” was organized by NIPER-Hyderabad and VLife Sciences Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Pune from 30th April to 2nd May 2010.(organizing committee)
UPLC workshop on “Proteins, peptides and amino acids” on 07 June 2010 organized by Waters
India Pvt. Ltd. Secunderabad.
Workshop on Drug Discovery, Drug Design, Development, Delivery and Preclinical Studies (D4PS)
from 8 -9th Oct.2010 at NIPER and IICT-Hyderabad. (Organizing committee).
The United States Pharmacopeial Convention conducted “IPC-USP Science Standards
Symposium 2011” on 17-18th Feb 2011, Hyderabad.
Training course on “High resolution Mass spectrometry (HRMS)” conducted by Waters India Pvt.