Faculty & Staff
Dr. Nalini Shastri
Department of Pharmaceutics
- Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Bombay University in 1992.
- M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Bombay University in 1988.
P.G Diploma in Computer programming, System Analysis and
Design, from Apple Institute, Bombay, 1987.
- B.Pharm from Bombay University in1986.
Research Area of Interest:
- At NIPER Hyderabad as Assoc. Professor since Oct 2009
- At Sri Venkateshwara College of Pharmacy, Hyd as a Professor, from sept 2004
– Oct 2009
- At Sri Venkateshwara College of Pharmacy, Hyd as Reader,I/C Principal from Aug 1998
– Sept 2004
- At Natco Pharma, Hyd. as Asst.Manager QC from Feb 1998 – Aug 1998
- At Armour P’ceuticals Ltd, Hyd as Manager R & D from Feb 1996 – Jan 1998
- At Pfimex P’ceuticals Ltd, Hyd.as Manager F & D from July 1994 – Aug 1995
- At Meyer Organics, Mumbai. as Technical Manager from Dec 1992 – May 1994
- At E.Merck (I) Ltd., Mumbai as Executive Trainee from Dec 1991 – Nov 1992
- Drug delivery to geriatric and pediatrics, QbD
- Mesoporous and nanoporous materials, solid state characterization
- Techniques to improve BA, Micro and nanoemulsion technology
- SIAM and methods to improve stability
- Manuscript reviewer for Indian Drugs from 2005
- Successfully established B.Pham and M,Pharm courses at SVCP, Hyd
- Successfully completed various industrial projects.
- Subject expert in BOS, Osmania University.
- Framed syllabus for MPharm (OU) and PhD (NIPER)
- IEC member for three CROs as subject expert.
- Experience in conducting BA/BE studies.
- Co-chair person for 54th IPC, 2002 and AP Science Congress 2008
- Invited speaker for QIP and industrial training programs
- Development of various types of dosage forms including NDDS.
- Analytical method development for various dosage forms, including
- Successfully launched three new products and one new line extension
product in one year.
- Validation activities right from building construction stage to dosage forms.
- Documentation for cGMP, ISO, TGA and MCA.
- Successful product registrations for export in 10 different countries.
- Approved chemist in chemical and instrumental analysis by Maharashtra
and AP FDA.
- Experience in IQ, OQ and PQ of various analytical instruments like HPLC,
GC, spectrophotometer, IR, DSC, Coulter counter and Auto-titrators.
Published 14 papers
Presented 10 papers in various Indian Pharmaceutical Congress
Text book on Instrumental Analysis for Dr Ambedkar OU, AP
21 MPharm /MS students and two (Ph.D) students.
- Life member for IPA, IHPA, APTI
- EC member of IPA, AP Branch (2000-2007)
- EC member of APTI
- Organization Committee member for IPC 41, 52, 57 and IPS 2007