The students of NIPER-Hyderabad have been provided accommodation at NIPER hostel located at IDPL Township, around 2 kms away from NIPER campus situated in Balanagar, Hyderabad. Students are provided with to and fro bus service between the Institute and Hostel. Students live in pleasant surroundings of intellectually stimulating environment.The layout of the hostel in general is quite appealing.
The hostel is managed by a hostel in-charge appointed by the Project Director, NIPER-H and he is assisted by a women care taker and security and maintenance assistant in all matters relating to the hostels. An external security agency is contracted for providing security at the hostels. The services of the security personnel are monitored by the hostel in-charge.
NIPER Hyderabad provides separate accommodation for both boys and girls. Currently the hostel block houses more than 180 students. Both the hostels have large, well ventilated rooms well furnished with cot, wardrobe, chair, study table and houses two students in each room. Each room has a garden view and also has attached bathroom with facilities for hot and cold water.
The hostels have a 24 hr. water supply and constant power supply. Hostel maintenance like cleaning, sweeping, pest control is outsourced.
Electrical repairs and security services are available round the clock. Wi-Fi facility is provided in both hostels.
The hostel provides the students with an atmosphere like home, away from home. It provides them with all the necessary facilities which help them to acclimatize well with the new ambience.
- Each occupant is provided with a cot, a study table, a chair and an almirah.
- It has its own Mess which is managed and run by the students themselves. Keeping in view the different tastes of the students, the mess provides healthy and tasty menu that is changed regularly.
- A number of recreational, sports, literary and social activities take place in the hostel during the academic year.
- TV rooms are equipped with 54’ inch flat television equipped with cable connections in both girl’s and boy’s hostel.
- Separate gym facility is provided for both girls and boys.
- Table tennis room with two playing boards.
- Sports ground is situated at a close distance to encourage students to stay fit by playing regularly. The Playground is quite large and has provision for courts for sports like Volleyball and Badminton. Cricket can also be played in the playground.
- Water purifier for providing pure water is also available.
- The hostel is surrounded by good number of trees and a beautiful garden.
- Morning walk track for joggers.
- NIPER Hyderabad has a tie up with a reputed local hospital at close proximity from the hostel campus. Qualified visiting doctor is available to provide regular and intensive medical care to students.
- Proximity to other hospitals within 1km from the campus.
- Institute provides vehicles in case of emergency.
- On arrival a student will report to the Caretaker or any other official of the hostel authorised by the Warden and will take possession of the room after signing the inventory of the furniture, electrical and other items in the room.
- Use of narcotics, consumption of alcoholic beverages and gambling are strictly prohibited.
- Use of audio equipment in hostels is acceptable only if it is not objectionable to other residents.
- All residents should normally be back in the hostel by 10.00 p.m. In the pursuit of their academic work, they may stay in their laboratories, computer centre or library till 10.00 p.m. but be back in the hostel latest by 10.30 p.m.
- In case any resident has to stay out in the research laboratory or computer centre for academic work after 11.00 p.m., he/she may do so after making proper entries in the register mentioning their name, name of the laboratory/ computer centre, time of leaving the hostel and expected time of return to the hostel. On his/her return, they will enter in the same register the actual time of return.
- If a resident wishes to stay out after 10.30 p.m for any other purpose, they have to take prior permission from the Warden.
- No accommodation for married students shall be provided.
- No student shall come into or leave the allotted room in any hostel, without the permission of hostel authorities.
- A student shall reside in a room allotted to him/her and may change to other room only with the permission of the hostel authorities
- It is the responsibility of student to safeguard all properties including furniture, fittings and different gadgets of the hostel. They should assist the hostel warden in ensuring proper use of facilities. For damage or loss of any hostel property from room, the occupant (s) will be directly responsible and elsewhere will be collective responsibility of hostel occupants. The authorities will recover the loss individually or collectively as the case may be. In this respect, the decision of the hostel Superintendent will be final.
- Students will be responsible for the safekeeping of their own belongings. In the event of loss of the personal property of a student due to theft or any other cause, the Institute will not accept any responsibility.
- Use of electric appliance like heaters/ high electric power consuming gadgets, and cooking inside the room are strictly prohibited.
- Students should dress appropriately. They must keep their identity cards with them. In the rooms, the students should keep only such items as required for beddings, clothing and study purposes.
- The student must not be involved directly or indirectly in fighting, ragging, strike, arousing of the sentiments of the student’s body and the public. Use of outside agency for redressal of grievance, possession or consumption of alcohol/drugs will be a viewed as serious offense.
- Screening of films/video shows in the hostel is strictly prohibited.
- Students should not display obscene posters or calendars, wall writing etc. in the room or anywhere in the hostel.
- Students should take their meals only in the dining space provided in their respective hostels. Taking meals to the rooms is not allowed except when a student is sick.
- Canteen services are not allowed inside hostels except on few occasions like birthday etc. with prior permission from hostel incharge.
- Common Room/TV Room timing will be 6 PM to 10 PM only. TV Room can be opened under special circumstances for the students only when prior permission has been taken from the hostel authorities.
- Guests/visitors are not allowed to enter/ stay inside the rooms
- Student must take written permission from Hostel Superintendent/warden in a prescribed Proforma before leaving the town stating the reason, period, destination and contact numbers and address for the days of absence.
- All students must be present in their respective rooms from 10.00 PM to 6.00 AM.
- Meetings/Parties have to be organized with prior written permission from the Hostel authorities.
- Mess-party is to be organized with written permission from the hostel authorities. However care must be taken not to cause any disturbance to other students during these parties.
- Students should not indulge in acts which disrupt the smooth functioning of the hostel or Institute or environment conducive to the pursuit of knowledge or harmonious relationship among different people living in the campus.
- Other rules and regulations of the hostel which shall be framed and communicated to the students from time to time should be strictly adhered to.
- Disciplinary action will be taken on violation of any of the rules stated above.
- All students are required to follow good conduct and behaviour at all times, failing which, they can be liable for strict disciplinary action.
"Centre of Excellence for
Advanced Studies and Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences"